Parkway Christian Academy was founded in 2002 under the direction of Pastor Jeff Keaton with the mission to equip kids for college, career, and Christ (read more about the school's Mission and History).
PCA has distinguished itself as a private, coeducational Christian school through its rigorous academics, outstanding faculty, and its hands, heart, and head approach to education. Students learn to see through the eyes of Christ and to make Him known through academics, athletics, the fine arts, and in life.
Exceptional programs, small classes, and talented faculty help our students to become confident leaders, critical thinkers, and passionate Christians.
Tuition 2016- 2017
- Pre-Kindergarten 2-4 year old: $3570 or $357/mo.
- Elementary (Kindergarten-5th): $4883 or $444/mo.
- Middle and High School (6-8): $5000 or $455/mo.
- High School (9-12): $5182 or $471/mo.
- Discount given for each additional child enrolled. See Tuition, Aid, and Affordability for more information.
- Financial aid to assist families who qualify
- Average class size is 11 students
- Experienced, caring teachers
- 100% of teaching faculty participate in ACSI certification classes
- Integrated Biblical information in subjects
- Bible specific classes in each grade
- Accredited by AdvancEd/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools(SACS)
- We are accredited by the same agency as colleges and public schools in the South.
- Accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Mission and Core Values that focus on the potential of every child
- Hands-on, student-centered learning in every classroom
- Emphasis on personal growth academically and spiritually
- Honor Code that challenges students to develop in their personal characters
- M25 Gifted Education Program to maximize student learning in the classroom and in a small group setting
- Charis Program to guarantee academic success for all students
- Wide variety of options available
- Experienced, caring coaches
- Record of championships, sportsmanship, and growth both on and off the field
- All three campuses located on a single campus
- Centrally located to meet the needs of students in the Roanoke and surrounding areas
- 22 classrooms, 1 library with book copies to meet all levels, large gymnasium, 401 seat sanctuary, 2 special needs classrooms (Gifted and Charis program), and 2 fine arts classrooms
- Grades Pre- 3rd Grade Playground Equipment
- Dedicated PreK 2 & 3's- Kindergarten coming in 2016
- 4-acre field used for recreation and physcial education and for Grades 4 and up
- Outdoor Volleyball Court used for recreation and physical education
- 1:1 iPad use in all grades
- 1:1 Chromebooks use in all grades
- Bring Your Own Device as early as Grade 6
- Used for Ebook learning
- Integrated into the curriculum as early as Preschool
- Utilized to enhance lessons, increase understanding, and to grow students' skill sets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I invest in a Christian education for my child?
It's all about worldview! Public Education curriculums are based upon a secular humanistic worldview. This worldview makes no room for a loving God in our world or in the life of a child. At PCA, we instill God's perspective on our world, into the heart and mind of each student.
- Will PCA provide my child with a quality education?
Absolutely! PCA students, along with the students of most Christian Schools, consistently perform higher academically than Public School students. PCA uses Christian based, advanced curricula that challenge students to excel. 84% of PCA graduates enter college as opposed to the national average of 68%.
- How do I enroll?
For an enrollment packet, please call: (540) 982-2400 or download the New Student Application.
- Are your teachers certified?
Yes, all of our teachers are certified through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). All have higher education degrees, many with a combination of years of experience in the classroom and education classes and degrees.
- Is Financial Aid available?
Yes! All families seeking financial assistance must complete an application from Financial Aid Student Tuition (FAST).
- What church is affiliated with PCA?
Parkway House of Prayer is the supporting church for Parkway Christian Academy. For more information about Parkway House of Prayer please go to the church website at: "phoponline.com.".
- What is the grading scale?
94-100=A 87-93=B 77-86=C 70-76=D Below 70=F
- What is the cutoff date for admission to Kindergarten?
A student must be five years old by September 30th of the current school year.
- Does the academic level of a student determine admission?
Incoming students may be tested and records from any previous schools will be requested before entry. PCA can only accept students that we are equipped to help. We make every effort to offer a variety of learning styles to meet the needs of every student.
- What are the graduation requirements?
A minimum of 24 credits is required in grades 9-12. Students planning to go to college will need 27 credits (an extra course in Math, Science, and Foreign Language).
- Do PCA students wear uniforms?
Yes. PCA students from Kindergarten through 12th grade wear uniforms. Please call the school office for more details.
- Are there book fees?
Yes. All books are ordered from classbook.com. The prices for new books start around $100 for pre-school and average in the mid $300 range for high school. We do offer a book exchange at the end of each school year to try to help reduce some of these expenses. Electronic books for grades 8-12 are available for certain core subjects.